Costa Rica authorities have announced initial phases for reopening its borders to residents of Select US States starting Sept 1.…VIEW
Costa Rica will reopen International Airports for visitors from Canada, UK, and European Union.
Costa Rican officials announced on July 23 that the International airport opening programmed for midnight on Aug 1 will continue as scheduled. Flights arriving from Canada European Union and the United Kingdom and the Schengen Area
From 01.08.2020 there are entries from the EU, the Schengen area, Great Britain, and Canada by air again.
The following requirements apply to tourists:
IMPORTANT NOTE! – Information and requirements are being updated every 2 weeks. We recommend that you speak with one of the local agents prior to arrival for the most up to date information. Please speak with your local agent before filling out the form and insurance purchase as requirements may have changed.
- Negative COVID test, sampling max. 48 hours before departure, the rapid test is not recognized digitally pre-filled health form
- A travel insurance policy that meets the following requirements
- The policy is valid throughout their scheduled visit to Costa Rica.
- It covers medical expenses in Costa Rica related to COVID-19 of at least $50,000.*
- It includes a minimum coverage of $2,000 for accommodation expenses related to COVID-19
- Tourists must complete and present an epidemiological survey.
- Compliance with the strict hygiene protocols at the airport
Information is currently being updated. Please
speak with your travel agent for the
most up to date information and
- The Costa Rica Tourism Board will receive a request from the tourist. That request must include:
- A signed declaration indicating the policy meets the requirements. – information to follow.
- Proof from the insurance company indicating the policy covers the tourist(s).
- Tourists will receive a response to their request within 24 hours on workdays, or 48 hours on weekends/holidays.
- If the policy does not meet the requirements, the tourist will be notified. They will have 24 hours to correct the issue, or they can purchase a plan that has been pre-approved by the General Insurance Superintendency.
- If the policy meets requirements and is approved, ICT will send the tourist a QR code that must be shown to Costa Rican immigration authorities at the airport. The relevant documents from Step 1 must also be submitted as part of the digital Health Pass that is required for all travelers.
This is the complete list of countries:
Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Holland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, and Sweden.
England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland.
All approved travelers to Costa Rica must present proof of a negative COVID-19 test received within 48 hours prior to boarding. Visitors must also fill out and present a public health form available through the Costa Rican health Departments online portal. Guests will be required to show proof of adequate medical insurance coverage that will cover medical care and extended stays in case of illness while traveling. Guests will also be required to follow all local health protocols.VIEW
Why Costa Rica Will Be THE Leader In Tourism Post-COVID-19. Last Updated: July 29, 2020 Costa Rica will open its…VIEW
Join Vanessa Willing, Managing Director of Bill Beard Costa Rica, and to hear about why you should add Costa Rica…VIEW
And the winner is of the DEMA 2019 Bill Beard Costa Rica 5 Night Costa Rica getaway for 2 is……VIEW
Costa Rica Scuba Diving SIGHTED FEBRUARY 2019–Humpback whales, giant Pacific manta Rays, schooling fish, orcas, mola mola, blue marlin, pilot…VIEW
And the winner is of the BOOT – DÜSSELDORF 2019 Bill Beard Costa Rica 6 Night Costa Rica getaway is……VIEW
A New Kind of Family Vacation At Bill Beard’s – Bring the entire family to Costa Rica – Why leave…VIEW
We will be at BOOT in Dusseldorf, Germany, January 19 – 27 – 2019, Hall 13 Stand # F31.9…VIEW
North America’s Winter is Costa Rica’s Summer. How is that you ask since it is North of the equator? Because…VIEW